There is NO TURNING BACK NOW.
I am COMMITTED this time.
I have SPENT THE MONEY.
I have SET UP APPOINTMENTS with a PERSONAL TRAINER.
Soooo......what's going to be different about this time, as opposed to all the times before? How many times have I joined Weight Watchers (which really works if you work it!) only to stop after a few months? How many times have I joined a gym or ladies health club, gotten locked into a contract, only to get discouraged or frustrated? How much money have I wasted? How many times have I vowed to walk more, run up and down the stairs more, ride my bike, play harder with the grand-girlies? How many books, websites, and television shows about fitness have I read and watched, only to "not have the time or energy" to get a program going? HOW MANY? Too many.
THIS time, I am trying something different. I joined a gym (again) that just opened in my neighborhood. The day after that, I met with a personal trainer. We talked, she assessed, I asked questions, she measured, and I paid for 20 half- hour sessions with her.
I am 37% body fat. I am 5'2 and 3/4 and weigh 181.9 pounds.
That was yesterday.
This morning I went to the gym with a friend. The owner showed us how to work the treadmills, and away we went for 40 minutes. We visited just like we did when we got together for walks during the summer, and the time flew by!
Monday I have my first session with Debbie. I'm excited but nervous.
I'm shaking in my Nikes.

Go Nome!
ReplyDelete♫You cannnnnnnnn do it you can do it, you can do it Cinderella♫
and let me leave you with two quotes that come to mind to inspire you...
"It's not who you are that holds you back...
it's who you think you are not."
&
"Never Give Up On Yourself"
:)
ps. 5'2 & 3/4???
I have heard people say 5'2 & a half but you are cracking me up. Stand up straight take a deep breathe & that will add that extra quarter. You are 5'3 my Dear♥